1. Who is your best friend? Describe this person and say why he/she is your best friend.
2. What is your favorite place to visit on weekends? Describe it and explain why it is your favorite place to go.
3. What is your happiest childhood memory? Describe it and give reasons to explain why it is your happiest memory.
4. What is your most important possession? Describe it and say why it is so important.
5. Talk about a person in your life who has inspired you. Describe the person and explain why you found him/her inspirational.
6. Where do most like to go to eat out? Describe this place and say why you like it most.
7. Talk about an important national holiday in your home country. Describe it and explain why it is important.
8. What is your favorite book or movie? Describe it and say why it is your favorite.
9. Who do you feel close to in your family (or extended family)? Describe this person and say why you feel close to him/her.
10. Where is a good place to have fun in your city or town? Describe this place and explain why it is fun.
11. Talk about an experience in your life that made you feel embarrassed. Describe it and say why it was embarrassing.
12. What was your favorite subject at school? Describe it and explain why this subject was your favorite one.
13. Who is an important person in your country? Describe this person and explain why he/she is important.
14. Talk about an interesting tourist attraction you have been to. Describe it and say why it was interesting.
15. Talk about a time when you experienced success. Describe the experience and say why it was a success for you.
16. What is your favorite style of clothing? Describe it and explain why it is your favorite.
17. Name a person whom you truly admire. Describe the person and say why you admire him/her.
18. Think of a place that makes you feel relaxed and peaceful. Describe it and explain why it is relaxing and peaceful for you.
19. Talk about a difficulty you have overcome in your life. Describe the experience and say why it was difficult to overcome.
20. What is your most useful study aid? Describe it and explain why it is useful in helping you to study.
21. Talk about a teacher who had a positive influence on you. Describe this person and explain why he/she was so influential to you.
22. Where is your favorite place to study? Describe this place and say why it is a good place for you to study.
23. Talk about a positive experience with learning or using English. Describe the experience and say why it was a positive one.
24. What is your favorite kind of food? Describe it and explain why it is your favorite.
25. Name a famous or influential figure who has inspired you. Describe this person and say why he/she has been inspirational to you.
26. Which place has fond memories for you? Describe this place and explain why it is memorable to you.
27. When have you been happily surprised by something? Describe the experience and say why the surprise was a happy one for you.
28. Describe a resource that helped you to do something better than before. Describe it and explain why it was helpful to you.
29. Describe a person from your country’s history. Why do you think this person was important?
30. Where would you like to go to spend a vacation? Describe this place and say why you would like to holiday there.
31. Talk about something you and your family enjoy doing together. Describe it and explain why you all enjoy it.
32. What is your favorite recreational activity? Describe it and say why you enjoy doing it.
33. Who is the most intelligent person you know? Describe the person and say why you think he/she is intelligent.
34. Where would you most like to live? Describe this place and explain why you would like to live there.
35. What is your favorite season of the year? Describe the season and explain why you like it so much.
36. What custom from your home country are you most fond of? Describe the custom and explain why you are fond of it.
37. Which person are you most likely to go to with a personal problem? Describe this person and say why you would go to him/her in particular.
38. Name a place in your country you would recommend others to visit. Describe this place and explain why you would recommend it.
39. Talk about an event from the past that you would like to relive. Describe the original event and say why you would like to relive it.
40. What is your favorite way of getting around? Describe it and explain why it is your favorite means of transportation.
41. Talk about a purchase you’ve made that you are happy with. Describe what you purchased and explain why you are happy about it.
42. Talk about a time when you found a task harder to accomplish than you expected. What were you trying to accomplish? Why did it become difficult?
43. What personality quality do you think is most important in a good friend? Explain why.
44. Talk about something a friend or a family member of yours did that you were proud of. Describe what they did, and explain why you were proud.
45. Choose a recent event in your country that people want to talk about. Why are people interested in the event? Explain with specific details and reasons.
46. Imagine the ways in which your country will change over the next five years. Talk about one way you expect it to change. Use details to explain your answer.
47. Choose a famous person who you think would be enjoyable to have a conversation with. Explain why you would like to talk with them, using specific details and reasons.
48. Choose a subject that students study in school but you think is not important. Explain why you feel it is not important to study. Use details and examples in your response.
49. What type of long-distance transportation do you think is most enjoyable? Explain why you like it with specific details and examples.
50. Think of a movie you have not seen but would like to see. Explain why you expect to like the movie. Give specific details and reasons in your response.
И еще несколько вопросов номер 1 на TOEFL Speaking – они более нестандартные и даже странные – но ведь TOEFL тоже на месте не стоит, и вопросы на спикинге постепенно обновляются. Так что будьте всегда готовы к маленьким неожиданностям.))
51) Describe something you do during your favorite season?
52) What is good advice for a person who is having trouble falling asleep?
53) What’s the worst place to take a tourist in your current city?
54) What’s the most stupid holiday you can think of?
55) What was the most important time in your life?
56) If you were in Spain and someone gave you tickets to a bullfight, would you go?
57) Describe the worst teacher you ever had.
58) Describe your morning routine.
59) Describe the last fashionable piece of clothing you bought.
60) What should you do if your roommate is very noisy and keeps you up at night?
61) What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a smart phone?
62) What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of studying literature as a major in college?
63) What are the advantages and disadvantages of learning English in the USA?
64) What are the advantages and disadvantages of attending a US graduate program?
65) What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing volunteer work?
66) What are the advantages and disadvantages of owning a dog?
67) What are the advantages and disadvantages of just having one very close friend?
Как видите, некоторые вопросы в последнем разделе совсем “оригинальные”, например с 61 по 67. Я встретил эти вопросы на сайте одного репетитора английского из США (он не возражает против копирования своих материалов) – но пока еще ученики не упоминали такой тип вопросов в question 1 на TOEFL Speaking. Если вы уже точно знаете, что такие вопросы включены – напишите пожалуйста в комментариях! Даже если такие вопросы и не задаются на TOEFL Speaking number 1, они помогут нам разговориться и быть готовым к неожиданностям.